Although everyone’s face reveals the signs of aging differently, no one is immune to growing older. Eventually, skin and muscles of the face and neck become lax, wrinkles and creases form on the forehead and once-firm jawlines develop jowls.
While there are a number of non-surgical procedures that can address some symptoms of facial aging, the most effective, long-lasting facial rejuvenation results are achieved through a surgical facelift and neck lift. While other options deal with the top layers of skin, a facelift addresses issues deep below the surface of your skin, including facial muscles and other connective tissues.
The board-certified plastic surgeons at Legacy Plastic Surgery can help to determine if a facelift and neck lift are right for you. To arrange your confidential consultation, please contact us today online or at 610-524-8244. Our state-of-the-art facility in Exton serves patients from Paoli, the Main Line, Chester County, Philadelphia, Eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware and neighboring communities.
Types of Face Lift and Neck Lift Surgery
Our facelift surgeons utilize a variety of face lift techniques in order to provide you with world-class, individualized results. With different processes, outcomes and recoveries, these techniques allow our experienced facelift surgeons to fully customize your procedure and address your unique needs and goals.
Depending on your facial structure and expected outcomes, our surgeon may recommend:
- Traditional facelift: Also known as a full facelift, traditional facelifts focus on the mid-face, jowls and neck. By including the neck area in a full facelift, many refer to this aspect of the procedure as a neck lift. During a traditional facelift, excess skin, muscle and tissue are pulled back to create a natural-looking, more youthful appearance. This helps to address sagging jowls, wrinkles, and other common signs of aging.
- Mini facelift: Mini facelifts target specific areas that need to be addressed without extensive corrections involved with a full facelift. Mini facelifts usually target sagging neck muscles, jowls, neck fat and sagging facial skin. Since a mini facelift is somewhat less involved than a traditional lift, recovery is usually quicker. This procedure is an ideal option if you're beginning to notice early signs of aging and don't need a full facelift just yet.
- Mid facelift: As its name implies, this procedure concentrates on the mid-face. It restores a smooth, youthful appearance to your cheeks and lower eyelids. It is often recommended for patients who experience sagging cheeks, lost jaw definition and deep wrinkles across the cheeks and from the corners of the nose, but few other visible signs of aging.
- SMAS lift: This type of facelift utilizes the Superficial Musculo-Aponeurotic System (SMAS) technique. The SMAS lift tightens the underlying layer of connective tissue and restores youthful firmness from deep below the skin, not just superficially. Because of the structural nature of the procedure, results last much longer.
- Laser neck lift with Precision TX: Think of the laser neck lift with Precision TX as a mini facelift without the risk or downtime associated with the traditional procedure. A laser neck lift effectively addresses lost skin elasticity and stubborn pockets of fat in the lower face, jaw line and neck. This minimally-invasive alternative to neck lift surgery can provide log-term improvement to the appearance of jowls, double chins and “turkey waddles.”
With so many options to choose from, it is crucial that you meet personally with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons to determine which procedure is best suited for your needs and goals. During your initial consultation, our skilled facelift surgeon will discuss all of your options and help you make an informed decision.
Schedule Your Facelift and Neck Lift Consultation Today
If you would like to learn more about the facelift and neck lift procedures offered at Legacy Plastic Surgery, please call us today at 610-524-8244 to schedule your personal consultation. We proudly welcome men and women from Exton, Paoli, the Main Line, Chester County, Philadelphia, Eastern Pennsylvania and other communities throughout the state as well as Delaware and surrounding areas.